PDA

View Full Version : July Cancellations

Chad Cain
07-05-2009, 09:59 PM
I have been hit really hard this month with cancellations, so I have quite a few days left open now. If any one is interested, I would be willing to make deals on multiple day trips for sure!! This is one of the best months to be fishing northern Minnesota.

chris_young14
07-08-2009, 01:34 PM
Chad,

Do you happen to have any openings around Labor Day? My mother called you a couple of weeks ago to book a trip for my dad and me around July 4th. Was going to be her Father's Day present to us but I dont think you were available. We probably wont be up again in July as our cabin is booked solid but we would like to book a time around Labor Day if you are open.

Im also planning to recommend you to another group of musky fishermen renting our place in Aug.

Let me know. Thanks.

Chris
563-343-8978

For those of you who have never fished Leech before it is a great lake that has really rebounded the past couple of years. The people up there are great as well. Embarrasing story about my trip over the 4th.

Im just now getting into musky fishing...and really dont know what Im doing. In June I went to Reeds (local sporting goods store) and stocked up on musky lures, etc. Spent around $400. Well over the 4th I was planning to dedicate 3 days of purely fishing for them. I just bought a new boat which has a nice platform on the back to fish off of. Well I decided to put my tackle box on the platform knowing that it was a dumb idea because I might forget it was there. Well we fished a spot for about an hour and then my 5 yr old wanted to go back in. So we headed back to the cabin grabbed a bite to eat quick then went out to another spot. I casted about a dozen times then decided to change lures. I went to reach in my tackle box...not there. I said about every 4 letter word (multiple times) and my dad was just looking at me confused. I explained what happened and he just started laughing. My tackle box had obviously slid off the back of the boat sometime during our trip back to the cabin...about a mile long trip. The good news is I have GPS which shows my trail and my tackle box floats (but I didnt have the top closed). Also in my favor was that the lake was very calm and the water was clear. We were not fishing in very deep water so I could see the bottom if it did happen to sink. Well we searched our trail for about 2-3 hours and couldnt find it. I was pretty disappointed but it was my own fault.

Well I go back to Reeds to buy new stuff (not as much) and talked to Cory (salesmen who helped me before). I told him the story and then he helped me pick out some stuff again. When I get to the cash register the young kid working asks if Im going musky fishing. I debated if I should tell him that I lost my tackle box. Im glad I did decide to. The kid asks where I was fishing. I tell him Sucker Bay and he responds that they have it. I look at him confused and he gives me a number to call. Well another resident found the box floating (top was open) in some weed beds that we had been fishing. He was thoughtful enough to call Reeds to report that he had found a tackle box because he figured whoever lost it would be heading back there to buy more. Needless to say that totally changed my mood as I was pretty mad at myself up to that point and it had ruined my trip. Speaks volume about the people up in that area of the country!

Chad Cain
07-12-2009, 12:03 PM
Hey Chris,

I have a guy that is going to book 3-4 days around that time frame, but once he does book I will let you know what dates are left.

Thanks,

Chad

chris_young14
07-13-2009, 11:44 AM
Sounds good. Let me know as we will probably schedule our trip up there around that.

Chad Cain
07-18-2009, 10:28 AM
Hey Chris,

I haven't heard back from the guy for a few days, so whatever dates you want in the beginning of August, just let me know.

Thanks,

Chad