PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Report July 4th

Jratthelake
07-04-2009, 09:57 PM
I have been off for the past couple of days but continue to fish hard. The mornings continue to offer up some nice weedline Walleyes and in some cases good numbers of jumbo Perch, for the most part though on the better spots the larger Walleyes dominate, as far as eating size fish we found plenty of 14 and 15 inch fish on some of the rock piles in Andrew Bay along with some small perch.

I am still waiting for some of the Weedline spots in Andrew Bay to develop but there are enough good areas in Witch that there is no hurry. If you are hitting the right areas you can expect pretty steady action for most of the morning with fish averaging 18 to 21 inches and there is always a good chance at a mid 20.

I have also spent some time in past 2 days looking for Musky. For most of the new season they have been off, a few sightings, a few hook-ups and a some smaller fish being caught. The past 2 days things have turned around and I have seen 3 or 4 big fish follow with one boated at 46" on a Jackpot. I have had 2 other fish blow up on the jackpot and another follow it to the boat, I have also had some interest in bigger spinner-baits. We now have a few Musky fisherman in camp so we will have a better Idea of what is going on out there within a few days, I will keep you posted.