PDA

View Full Version : 7/1 RFRG Fishing Report w/Muskie Matt

Muskie Matt
07-01-2009, 08:39 PM
I had previously mentioned seeing all four seasons in a span of two weeks here in the Northwoods, let me rephrase that... give us 5 days and we'll show you all four seasons here in the Northwoods! We've gone from 90 degree days to days with air temps in the upper 50's, all in four days time!

We were seeing water temps in the upper 70's but with the passing of a cold front those temps have dropped to 64-65 as of July 1st throughout the Eagle River Chain. Muskies have continued to be active during this cooling spell and bucktails run fast over weeds are still my first choice to tangle with one of these bruisers. One pattern change lately is the fact bigger bucktails seem to be catching more fish over the smaller #5 Mepps, another change in the muskie fishing has been their willingness to go after crankbaits lately. 6-8 inch minnow style crankbaits worked along weed edges has begun to turn a few fish also.

Weather patterns are supposed to improve over the next few days in the Eagle River area bringing pleasant weather for our July 4th weekend. Fire up the BBQ, enjoy our many area activities, and go tag yourself a 40 inch fish on the Eagle River Chain this holiday weekend!