PDA

View Full Version : Ray Demers St Clair Tournament results

Roughneck
06-30-2009, 04:18 PM
Sorry about taking so long to post the results. The WiFi was down in the campground from last weeks storm.
We had a great tournament. 96 people entered, including 9 youths.
22 legal fish were caught, 44"+. I didn't count the smaller fish but it was well over 100.
1st - 54.5" , Michael Tamburro
2nd - 53.5" , Ed Rivest
3rd - 53" , Sharon Potvin
4th - 52.5", Tanner Lovelady
5th - 51" , John Dennis

Youth division - 52.5" , Tanner Lovelady
Chapter Challunge winner was Akron-Canton.
There were 28 Central Ohio folks entered.
A 51" by Steve Russell(Hopedale Chapter) and a 50" by John Corral(Jerry Stayers boat) didn't make the top 5.

The Pig roast was great. Everyone I talked to, commented on how good the Saturday cookout went.

The Food Bank donation was awesome, you guys really stepped up for this cause. We had 1,480 cans/items donated, plus we sold $96 worth of tickets on Saturday. You kept us pretty busy with all the boxes and sacks of cans coming in. Gary Soloman won the prize for the most stuff, 126 items. The Skunked website donated a rod and reel to the winner of the most items. On top of all that we donated $1,000 of the Tournament proceeds to the Belle River Food Bank. Thanks to every one who helped out with the can donations.

I figured it would take a big fish to win, but I didn't think that many big would be caught. I know of at least 5 other reports of 50"+ fish lost at or near the boat.

Thanks to everyone who attended the Tournament. Manny and I really appreciate the support.
Now, it's my turn to catch of those 50''er's, time to get back on the water.

Mark

Fisheye
06-30-2009, 04:41 PM
I'm not going to put up a report, Mark said it all in his post! I have to agree with everything Mark said! On a side note, As a member of the Belle River community, I must say that the support and generosity of everyone toward the Food Bank is awesome to say the least! The donations from an out of town and country group of people were truly awesome. Combined with the local fishermen and women left nothing to be desired! Thank you Central Ohio Chapter of Muskies Inc. for the greatest weekend of the season! Already looking forward to next year! Paul. A.K.A. FISHEYE!

St Clair Hound
07-01-2009, 05:08 AM
You are to be congratulated on another well run and planned tourney. We had a great time. Looking forward to next year. Hey Mark are there any leftovers?

Brent Spence
07-02-2009, 03:09 PM
Any pictures from the tournament floating around?

Fisheye
07-02-2009, 05:31 PM
Hey Brent, I have a link to a video shot on the "FISHEYE" of our 53 1/2" fish that Ed Rivest caught to place second in the Tournament! It is a long download, but well worth watching if you have high-speed. I must say Jayson did a fine job on the video! Paul.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ws03_DnLyGU

Brent Spence
07-03-2009, 02:24 AM
Awesome video Paul! I want to plan a fall trip for sure, but I might be changing jobs pretty soon. Congrats on the beautiful fish!