PDA

View Full Version : Lodging help needed

JimL
06-30-2009, 11:03 AM
Hello, I am looking for a place to stay in on a lake that is 400-1000 (give or take) acres if possible. We prefer lakes with little to no presence of personal watercraft and water skiers. We mainly are looking for a numbers lake for northern, musky, and bass. Does anyone know of any resorts and lakes that might match what I am looking for? We also would love a boat dock that has electricity for charging the batteries in the boat. Thanks for any info.

Jeremy Hopland
06-30-2009, 01:10 PM
Hello, I am looking for a place to stay in on a lake that is 400-1000 (give or take) acres if possible. We prefer lakes with little to no presence of personal watercraft and water skiers. We mainly are looking for a numbers lake for northern, musky, and bass. Does anyone know of any resorts and lakes that might match what I am looking for? We also would love a boat dock that has electricity for charging the batteries in the boat. Thanks for any info.

Wow!!! I think you're asking way too much of the "Genie in the Bottle"... Concierge service might be nice too.

Sorry, just being a smart aleck, I couldn't resist :D I'm sure Pete or Matt can point you in the right direction.

Sid Chigger
07-01-2009, 09:18 AM
I stayed at a place called 3 G's Resort on Lake George in Rhinelander a few years back.. Don't recall seeing a single jet ski or skiers.. It's on the small end of your lake size parameters.. Don't think I remember seeing electric hookups on the dock either.. Twas a nice place though a little pricey.. Fishing was fine..

Pete Stoltman
07-01-2009, 10:46 AM
Of course with the number of lakes in the area there are tons of choices. May I suggest that you pick an area that appeals to you and then narrow it down. Most of the lakes of the size you're describing will have some amount of recreational boating but some less than others. Of course, the lakes with less public access are the best but it also limits the amount of resort choices. Offhand, a good choice could be Pickerel Lake off county G between St. Germain and Eagle River. It fits your fishing parameters and has a lousy public access. Only a couple resorts there but I can dig up the info if you're interested. Also, make use of the Chamber of Commerce folks for whatever area you decide. It's their job to not only know the lakes and resorts but can also be helpful at knowing the bookings at those places. Feel free to shoot me an e-mail if you'd like and I'll dig into it for you. Also check out my links page to locate the St. Germain chamber info. Other towns are easy to find by using a search engine. Hope that helps.

JimL
07-01-2009, 01:40 PM
Thanks Pete, no need to dig. I am just researching for next year. I just want some general info like what I have been getting and then I can go from there. I appreciate it.