PDA

View Full Version : Musky Fishing Report

Andy Huffmaster
06-28-2009, 10:48 AM
The past week of musky fishing has produced a lot of follows but not a lot of aggressive strikes. I've had six different fish from 36" to 45" come up and grab baits at the start of the figure 8 only to let them go before you can react. FRUSTRATING!! I think the water warming so fast had something to do with the streak of boat side strikes, or its just the Muskies being Muskies. There have also been a number of fishing bumping and nipping at baits as they follow but they don't seem hungry, just curious. All styles of topwater have been providing action along with soft plastics. Topwater in morning and evening, then switching to plastics during the middle of the day has worked well. Large bucktails have also been getting some action. The deepest weeds you can find seem to be producing best on the calm days. On the days the wind picks up fish have been moving onto shallow weedy points and rock bars. I haven't been able to fish the past few days because of a dislocated shoulder but I think this big cool down in the weather should really turn on the fish. Good Luck!!