PDA

View Full Version : June 25th report

Ty Sennett
06-26-2009, 07:43 AM
I had some good fishermen out in the morning and we had a tough time getting them to hit or follow for that matter. We had one nice fish come in late on my Pacemaker. Looked to be around forty inches or low forty.

For the afternoon trip John Rashke and I fished bass for an hour or more and then muskie from there on out. The bass did not cooperate but we did have a little window of opportunity on the muskies. We saw five fish and boated one of them in about half an hour. The one we caught was 37 inches. the others were about the same size with the exception of one large one.

Rachel and I went out for a couple hours after dinner and she lost one right away when I was goofing off. I take back what I said about her quick strong hookset. She had two other follows and one take a swipe at a Pacemaker.

The weird thing is that the spot where we had most of our action is a spot I've never seen a fish on in my life. I try to hit at least one or two spots every day that are not common spots to try. This year we have been catching more in the non-common spots than the proven spots. Weird but fun. Makes you appreciate boat control more. I don't know how many times I've had to back the boat up ten feet so as not to get too close to the spot.

I will not be on the computer much this week so sorry if there isn't a fishing report.

Good luck everybody,

Mark Benson
06-26-2009, 11:20 AM
Ty:

Thanks for the great reporting over the past few weeks and the constant chatter that you, your friends and clients throw up on the board. Your thread is one of the more interesting on WI lineup on fishinginfo. Good fishing info and a lot of good natured banter.

Work/fish hard during the next week and get up a report when you get the time. I am sure the rest will keep the board alive while you are gone.

We have been moving fish over here in the Minocqua area the last two nights. Water temps are ranging from 74* to 78*. Two nights ago we moved four fish, none were bigger than 38" or so. Last night we were on the Tomahawk Chain and moved another two, one being respectable enough to say it may have been over 40". My partner got one about 38" to eat a Bucher Tinseltail right around 10 p.m., then fished to a little over 1 a.m. on the Tom over suspended water. Got to go out for dinner tonight, thankfully early but that should give me some time to get out again tonight.

More and more traffic on our lakes so everyone take note, be alert and stay safe out on the water!!! Stick a pig and CPR!!!

Mark

Ty Sennett
07-03-2009, 09:12 AM
Thanks for the report Mark.

Mark Benson
07-03-2009, 01:52 PM
Could not report a lot more regarding the area, as I have heard some are catching fish. But the biggest thing I saw yesterday on my trip was Tomahawk went from 74* to 64* since last week before the cold front came through. Found a nice little spot on the spot and went to work it fairly hard last night. A pair of humps that top out at 10-12 feet and has a 24' hole in between the two of them. Lots of good weeds in the cup and set up perfectly for the north winds we have been having. Tried a one eyed willie and warlock last night in an effort to try to get better at walk the dog style baits. Willie stays on the top and was an interesting bait to try to work. Warlock really is a great looking glide bait. It managed to lay the smack down on two smaller northerns with warlock, which means it could be a good spot, just didn't have the big mama on it!!! Almost got the pacemaker out last night for the after dark work. Waiting til the water gets back up to that mid 70 range before pacemaker gets on the water.

Mark