PDA

View Full Version : Salmon Report??

Mick
06-25-2009, 02:26 PM
Any Salmon reports for Fairport or Cedar River. I am hoping the warm weather gets things fired up for this weekend!

Mick

Kevin Lee
06-25-2009, 02:37 PM
My good friend Frank Schultz stopped by today on his way back home from Fairport. I think he was over there for 3-4 days. He said it pretty slow for the most part. Hopefully he will post because I can't remember exactly what he said. Just that is was slow...

Frank S
06-25-2009, 03:47 PM
Pretty slow for us and everybody else we talked to. Lots of zeroes, we got 3 one morning (2 steelies), 2 nice ones another morning, 14 and 11. Very scattered, catches we heard of came anywhere from 60 to 180' of water, 30 to 110 ' down, so no pattern to speak of. We and others were missing a lot of bites. No big bait balls yet, but I'm guessing it will blow up pretty soon. Hope so anyway. Hot calm weather made fishing tough, and the FLIES were thick. Just the same, had a great time as usual.

DooFighter
06-29-2009, 06:46 AM
Trolled up 1/1 silverfish friday eve south of the FRC. Not marking much down there. Sun am made a quick run before the wind went over 20knots just south of the esky harbor with zero hits. Did mark some bait balls in that area, though. It can't come soon enough for me, I'm jonesin' for some screamers.

RudyG
06-29-2009, 07:39 AM
Gary, was that you I was talkin too at the Esky Harbor yesterday morn.? Helped me dock my boat in that wind? Probably should have intro'd myself.:o anyway. Thanks again for the hand.

Oh, And thanks for the report. I'm with you.. Bring on the screamers anytime!!!

Phlounder
06-29-2009, 07:40 AM
Got one nice fish out of Cedar River Harbour on Friday night shortly before dark. Nice fish of 28" came off a downrigger 55' down in 130' of water. Marked a little of everything, but not a lot of anything. Found one pretty good cloud and kept working it until we got one. There were a small handful of boats fishing but I didn't see any other nets netting so it slow all in all.

Mick
06-29-2009, 08:12 AM
Tried again out of Fairport on Saturday. Went 1 for 2. One about 10lbs. Lost a real nice fish. As soon as it was on it attacked the boat then darted under the downrigger cable. As soon as the line was tight again it was gone. Nightmares about missing that one. Still kind of slow down there. Reports of a few fish being caught.

Mick
"Double Trouble"

Always Gone
06-29-2009, 02:56 PM
Fished 4 times out of Manistique. Skunked 2 times. The other times caught 3 salmon total, missed 2, and missed 1 steelhead. Seen some other boats get skunked and a few come back with 1 or 2 fish. Nothing too impressive here yet, but there are some fish to catch.

DooFighter
06-29-2009, 11:06 PM
Yes, Rudy, that was me. I thought you were a member here, as I thought I remember seeing your boat before in your profile picture. I couldn't put a name with it, though, so I just kept my trap shut. I'm sure we'll run into each other again down there. 'Specially if the fish ever move in :)