PDA

View Full Version : Krushers

ttabaleulb
06-25-2009, 08:01 AM
Thought I remembered seeing a post a while back about these baits, but could not find it. Have any of you guys used these baits? Any luck? I just picked up a couple and can't wait to give them a try.

Red Childress
06-25-2009, 08:36 AM
They are a little heavier than you would expect and definitely move some water and make some noise. I bet they are a nice night bait especially in dark or stained water.

Polish_Pike
06-25-2009, 08:47 AM
I've had paint job issues with my Krushers. Maybe I got a bad batch, but then again I plow the bottom of the river with them.

Jasm2
06-25-2009, 11:11 AM
Ive also had paint issues. It just flakes right off.

ttabaleulb
06-25-2009, 11:46 AM
Great, thats the last thing I need is another bait that can't seem to keep the paint on. I could understand if Musky were pounding these baits left and right, but all I have been doing is whipping the water into a froth with them. LOL Well, I'll give them a try and see how they hold up. Thanks for the input.

Bob S.
06-25-2009, 03:52 PM
I have all the colors, however I personally like the Walleye and Silver Perch color for fishing Lake Marburg, they dive deep and have not had any paint issues thus far, however I'm not dragging bottom or over rocks as I would in the Susquehanna. They remind me of a Tuff Shad not made of wood and easy to purchase. The draw back and not the lures fault, I have not caught a fish yet using them.

Bob S.

ttabaleulb
06-25-2009, 08:07 PM
Thanks again for the input everyone. I have to admit that I am an idiot and realized that the name of the baits that I actually bought are Krisco's. Man, I am still learning all these names. ANd, I think that is a sign that I am getting to have too many when I can't remember the names. LOL

So lets try the Kriscos. Anyone fishing them, and anyone having any luck??

Red Childress
06-26-2009, 07:11 AM
Do not take all the blame for being an idiot because I mistakenly ASSUMED you were talking about Krisco's instead of the Krushers when I replied earlier in this thread. :)

I have never used one yet but my clients (Polish Pike and gang) threw one for a while last month. All I did was hold it and watch it in the water but like I said, I was surprised at how heavy and loud they were.

ttabaleulb
06-26-2009, 09:04 AM
LOL That makes me feel better Red. They definitely seem to have some heft to them. I'll give them a try in the near future and see what their all about.

Polish_Pike
06-26-2009, 07:52 PM
Red is correct...We did break out the Krisco's for a little bit last trip. I've also thrown them at Tamarack, Lake Arthur and in the Allegheny river down here in Pgh. No love yet. They are a pretty large bait, and do make a lot of noise between the 2 meaty jointed pieces banging around and rattles. The weight isn't too much of a factor with the right setup I've found. Kinda like tossing a regular size bulldawg I would say in terms of fatigue factor. Bulky, but not brutal on the retrieve. I haven't trolled them yet, but I'd image it could be effective. They don't run very deep on the cast, so it's comparable to a Shallow Invader if you want to run it over rocks, weedbeds, 3-4 feet, in that area. They're real bouyant. Krushers go much deeper. I think the Krisco would be decent at night with that noise and big profile. No paint job issues with these guys because I don't bang bottom with them. MuskyTackleOnline has a nice Chicago show custom color Krisco, glitter perch, which I was gonna grab, and something called Night Bite, which is a sweet black that is on my next shopping list. It has a glow-in-the-dark dot on it's head to help you pick it up around the boat and keep it from banging your rod tip at night. Nice feature.

AWH
07-14-2009, 04:38 PM
If you're concerned about the paint jobs on any of these baits, contact Musky Armor/Llungen Lures and they'll take care of you. I know they had an issue with some of their early batches on the Krushers. But I haven't heard of paint issues on the Kriscos. Either way, Llungen is great about taking care of any issues that one might have with a bait of theirs.

I've only tested the waters with one of them. But I've beat mine up pretty good with only one very small spot where the paint has come off. Casted or trolled, the Krushers and Kriscos are very nice baits!

Aaron

ttabaleulb
07-14-2009, 07:08 PM
Aaron,

Thanks for the info man. I have had the Kriscos out only a few times now and so far so good. I really dig the action and I think they will fit right in with my fishing style. AND, they were responsible for one of the few Musky attacks I have had so far this year. Unfortunately, I swear that fish hit the bait with a closed mouth!! Not sure how else to explain the bump that I felt as I watched the fish peel away. Quite interesting.

Polish_Pike,

I did pick up one of the Night Bite Kriscos too along with a spinner. They were running a special where you got a headlamp for free if you picked up 2 Night Bite baits. Have yet to run either after dark, but I can use any help available. :) AND, I had been wanting to purchase a headlamp. Nice deal there.