PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Report 06-23-09

Jason Sloan
06-25-2009, 06:15 AM
Record high temperatures this week has water temps pushing into the mid-high 70's across N.Wi. Walleyes have been keying on a booming food chain and has fish scattered from shallow structure to suspending on schools of baitfish balled up high in the water column. Gordy and I went filming the other night and caught several walleyes including a few nice ones. The pattern was throwing cranks like a jointed Shad Rap over breaks in 10-15 feet of water where insect hatches were covering the surface. We fished in the evening and saw a definite window of activity around 9pm. Hot, flat conditions are usually very condusive to early/late intense feeding windows with evening usually being the better of the two. Rowtrollers are also taking fish throughout the day, again feeding windows are apparent yet random for these suspended fish, although evening is also a great time to be rowing.

Bass: Got out a little over the last week, fishing early in the morning, and catching a bunch of decent largemouths although no real big ones. Nothing too crazy here, beetlespins or spinnerbaits casted along shorelines. The pothole lakes I'm targeting are way down (water levels) and I think the bigger fish have moved off and are over deep water. Next time I'm out I'll give that a try and see what happens.

If anyone has any questions or fishing reports please feel free to post on here. Thanks.

JS