PDA

View Full Version : MUSKIE stories

greg_rich
06-24-2009, 04:07 PM
Alright guys, Wayne had a great storie now lets here some more, other fish stoies too.

Dave B
06-25-2009, 11:05 AM
The thing about muskie fishing is every fish has a story. When fishing for other species, sometimes the fish run together in our memories. But, not with muskie fishing. Where does a guy start with the stories. The smallest muskie I ever caught was about 4 inches long, and I caught it on a worm fishing for perch. My biggest muskie to date was caught at night and it hit on a reef in relatively shallow water, when I set the hook, it took off for deep water, which resulted in it coming straight toward me, then under the boat, and then it jumped on the far side of the boat. Most memorable fish might have been one fishing with my Dad in Wisconsin when I was a kid. Or maybe it was a 42" fish that followed up behind a topraider, dropped down out of sight, and then came out of the water and slammed the bait from the side about 20' from the boat. But, the ones that followed up and never hit, or the ones that hit and didn't make it into the net, most of the those are still burned into my memory banks as well.

Jratthelake
06-25-2009, 03:38 PM
You are so right, the fish I remember most are the ones that leap and throw the hooks, or the that absolute tanker that follows your bait around the boat for 5 minutes but wont take. Musky fishing is not about getting every fish in the boat, its all the little successes, like the follows, the explosions and the thrill of a giant fish going airborn. I dont need to boat a fish every time I go out, and I certainly dont but as long as I get to see a fish or hook up with a fish or 2, I think I have had a pretty good day. But all in all if you put in some time and are patient you will definitly be rewarded.