www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Weather patterns

Default Weather patterns

Hey Jason and Ranger Rick,
    Finally the spring trip is here. Heading up on wednesday. Looks like some cooler weather to begin the trip with a gradual warm up. Just wondering what a professional thinks about the effects of the weather coupled with the moon phase on the muskies. We have been looking forward to this trip for months and glad its here. Any thoughts would be interesting. See you at the shop!!

Default Hey Jason and Ranger Rick,

Quote Originally Posted by angler29 View Post
    Hey Jason and Ranger Rick,
    Finally the spring trip is here. Heading up on wednesday. Looks like some cooler weather to begin the trip with a gradual warm up. Just wondering what a professional thinks about the effects of the weather coupled with the moon phase on the muskies. We have been looking forward to this trip for months and glad its here. Any thoughts would be interesting. See you at the shop!!
    Hey guys... I'm going up with angler29 so feel free to throw him off with some bad info and send me a PM with the inside info! Ok ok all jokes aside. I can't wait to get up there, hit up guides choice, then hit the water for the first time this year. I'm looking forward to any and all reports we get on this site, and wish everyone a fruitfull fishing season!

Weston, WI weekdays; St. Germain weekends!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_Lunge View Post
    Hey guys... I'm going up with angler29 so feel free to throw him off with some bad info and send me a PM with the inside info! Ok ok all jokes aside. I can't wait to get up there, hit up guides choice, then hit the water for the first time this year. I'm looking forward to any and all reports we get on this site, and wish everyone a fruitfull fishing season!

Now that's funny! Good luck.

Angler,

I think the slight warming trend will be good for the muskie action. Looks like air temps will be in the mid 60's and moving into the upper 70's by the end of the weekend. I really like the 70-72 degree range for surface temps and so slow warming trend should hopefully keep the lakes in that prime range for a longer period of time. You will also be in position to take advantage of moonrise during the evening in combination with sunset and that could be wild! The moonset will be getting closer to sunrise going into next week so moving forward the AM bite could heat up too.

Good luck and fish hard!

Chas
    http://www.muskymastery.com
    Chas Martin
    Musky Mastery Guide Service
    Web Site: http://www.muskymasteryguideservice.com