www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: TFF Update

Default TFF Update

This past week has seen continued good action from both walleye and crappie along with smallmouth activity starting to pick up. The eyes and crappie are still being taken from deeper water in and around rocks and river channels. Windy days have seen some good action on the mid lake humps and also on wind blown shoreline boulders, just a matter of being able to hold the boat in position to fish these areas. Smallies are really starting to relate to the humps and can be caught just by vertical jigging around the stumps that are on these humps, 1/8th ounce Reeves weedless jigs tipped with large fatheads works as good as anything on these big boys, just keep the bait a foot or so off the bottom and work around these stumps, don't expect a hard tap on your rod as most of them will just grab on and slowly pull your rod tip down.

A few more trips left, will keep you posted.

Don's Guide Service
    dpemble@centurytel.net
    715-776-0098
    Don Pemble

Don, I have been fishing the TFF a lot of the past two weeks. Between minnows at .20 apiece and 30 gallons of gas,it's getting expensive. How much better are the new outboards. Mine runs great but the gas is killing me. Thanks

Zeke , how about more info on the size of boat and type of motor you have ,i have a even. 70 hp 4 stroke and it is really good on gas , i can run all over the flowage when we are up there in May and dont use much gas.

Zeke,
    Just like Sureshot said. My fall week on the TFF this year, 7 hours on the motor, 8.5 gallons of gas used, 69 miles covered per my GPS (there was some drifting, not much). 16-1/5' w/a 60hp 4S.