www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Plastic Suick?

Default Plastic Suick?

Frank, I seem to remember you had some of the first plastic Suicks to try out. What's the verdict? Are they for sale now or back n the redevelopment stage? Any advantages of the plastic over the wood?

Been on the market since around the winter Musky Show time. I like them. Advantage over wood is that they are very consistent. Not being subject to the material variations of the organic product of wood. Disadvantage is that they are very consistent running, and don't have the surprise moves the wood ones can have. No exotic tuning and can make them dive pretty deep by a slight downward bend of the tail.

They are very user friendly, and an inexperienced fisherman can use one effectively with just a few minutes practice. Not a replacement for the wooden ones, but a compliment to them.
    Walsh's Bay Store Camp
    Frank Walsh

Web Site: http://www.baystorecamp.com

Frank gave me one last fall and as a longtime 10" wooden suick fan I wasn't expecting much. I think they're great. Can't wait for them to make a 10" version. I haven't thrown my wood suicks away or anything, but the action is great and consistency means control. I think you could still tune them to be unique, especially if you wanted to add weight here or there. But, from what I've seen they aren't going to weird out on you, or start fighting you halfway through a cast like the wood ones can do when they feel like being temperamental. I also haven't experienced it waterskiing on its back and not wanting to dive like the wood ones occasionally do. Definitely ditto to Frank's sentiments on being good for beginners.

Ryan

Thanks guys. I might add one to the team.

Like potato chips (or women or dogs) hard to pick just one.
    Walsh's Bay Store Camp
    Frank Walsh

Web Site: http://www.baystorecamp.com

Shhhh. you never know who's looking. "One" is obviously a euphemism!