Hi everyone,

Today I shared my boat with Al and Nikki for a full day of walleye fishing. We set out under a sunny sky with very little wind and very warm air temps. In the afternoon the wind kicked up to make an excellent walleye chop blowing out of the NE. Nikki got things started right away and just kept kicking Al's and my butt. But after rejuvinating with excellent Philly cheese steaks at Deerfoot Lodge, Al and I made up ground in the afternoon. We ended the day with 8 walleyes keeping 2, a couple of smallies, a nice big perch, and a whole tub full of keeper crappies that will make for some good fish fry's.

Boated everything on the PROaggressive jigs tipped with minnows. Didn't even have leeches along. Also the smaller minnows seem to be catching more and bigger walleyes then the bigger minnows. With the 74 degree water temps, we saw a gazzillion bug casings floating by then a same number of bugs floating by laying their eggs completeing their life cycles. With the warm water temps this late in the year we are still seeing major bug hatches. Fortunatly the walleye seem to be feeding heavy and are cooperating. I truly expect to see the walleye bite get better and better as the water temps fall. Remember, help protect our environment and use lead-free jigs and spinners. Good luck fishing everyone.

Walleyemaxx