www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: 7/8 Another great day on "Pete"

Thumbs up 7/8 Another great day on "Pete"

Dan and Dawn from Lyons, WIsconsin booked a trip on for this morning. They were out with me two weeks ago on "The Rock" and wanted to try "Pete" this time. Dan really wants to learn the trolling presentaion with planer boards, so there was a lot of hands on training today. The bite was hot early in the morning, but slowed considerably by mid morning. We did get their 10 "keepers", along with 9 "shorties", 14 whitebass, 6 cat, 2 perch, and 1 crappie.
    Photos in the album.

Jerry
    Angler's Pride Guide Service
    Jerry Tipping

Web Site: http://www.anglerspride.com

Jerry,

Dawn and I can't thank you enough for the awesome fishing trips you've guided us on both Castle Rock and Petenwell. Still can't believe the number of fish you put us on! Hands down the best we've ever done. Even though you targeted Walleye's, we managed to pull in personal bests for Crappie (13.5") Perch (12.5") and Dawn's Northern (35"). Catching our limit of walleye's on this last trip was "icing on the cake!" Not only did you put us on the fish, you showed us just how to do it and what to look for as far a best locations to target when we get back out on our own.

For those of you guys that follow Jerry's posts here and have been thinking about trying a guided trip, pick up the phone and give him a call!

Default Havin a ball!

Quote Originally Posted by Fishin Deep View Post
    Jerry,

Dawn and I can't thank you enough for the awesome fishing trips you've guided us on both Castle Rock and Petenwell. Still can't believe the number of fish you put us on! Hands down the best we've ever done. Even though you targeted Walleye's, we managed to pull in personal bests for Crappie (13.5") Perch (12.5") and Dawn's Northern (35"). Catching our limit of walleye's on this last trip was "icing on the cake!" Not only did you put us on the fish, you showed us just how to do it and what to look for as far a best locations to target when we get back out on our own.

For those of you guys that follow Jerry's posts here and have been thinking about trying a guided trip, pick up the phone and give him a call!
    Just a quick follow up. Now that we've geared ourselves up for planer board fishing thought I should report back that we've easily doubled our normal catch! I'd like to think that using the boards and covering more water is the reason and not just that we were bad fishermen! LOL!!!Even fishing at home in southeastern Wi we've had much better results. Because of all the pleasure boaters on these smaller lakes we wait till Slow No Wake kicks in and then bust out the boards! Plenty of room then! We also purchased some NiteBiteLite.com planer board lights which really make it nice for fishing low light conditions. Both red and green to match the Nav lights. We get comments fro other boats every time we hit the water about how cool the boards look and work.
    The Minn Kota Power Drive with Auto Pilot and Co Pilot has really made boat control much easier. With multiple fish on watching travel direction takes a back seat (on accident). Having the Auto pilot keeps the boat heading in the right direction when things get busy and makes all the difference in the world!

Thanks again Jerry for sharing your knowledge! This Captain is having alot more fun!!!

Dan Erikson