www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Is this my first tiger musky?

Question Is this my first tiger musky?

So I am not really sure if this is a tiger musky or not. Looked at pictures on the web of tiger musky and have seen some pics of tigers from the flowage. Flowage tiger musky that I have seen are a little more pronounced than the fish that I caught.

Attachment 20832thanks in advance to any replies!

Caught 2 fish today, both small 31,32. Wife had a really cool wake on a pacemaker. Went from when she through in all the way to an L next to the boat, but no hit.

A beauty for sure but the tail looks pointed so I would guess not. Impressive markings though !

Quote Originally Posted by dfkiii333 View Post
    A beauty for sure but the tail looks pointed so I would guess not. Impressive markings though !
    Sure enough, definitely a pointed tail. Should have did a search for the difference between tiger musky and musky instead of just searching for images.
    Oh well. still my first musky barred throughout. Thanks again.

Although the tail is not rounded that is a tiger. The tail might not be fanned out all the way or may not be fully developed. You can see some of the spotting on the tail that would indicate a tiger also. Congrats. You're on a pretty hot streak.
    Ty Sennett Muskie Fishing Guide Service
    & Sennett Musky Tackle Company
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843
    Land Phone: 715-462-9403
    Cell Phone: 612-839-1227
    Web Site: http://www.tysennett.com

Sounds good to me, yippee my first tiger. Now I just need to catch that fish in like 10 years. Thanks again.
    today's report- I lost one. Wife lost one. Lots of northerns hitting today and lots of unknown missed hits.