www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Flatlander Invasion 2013

Default Flatlander Invasion 2013

Well it is that time of year when the Flatlanders make their annual assault on the Baystore. We have (7) new members coming this year to share the experience. DP, I am sorry but full moon Sully will not be joining us this year. He sends his best to Laura and Frank but has some special thoughts for you. This year we changed up our theme of having to wear the "monkey on your back" to a more positive spin. We will share that here shortly. So inhabitants of Oak Island, we are back and ready to chase some fish. Looking forward to being back to my home away from home. Let the Chaos begin !!!

Steve

Ok,guess I'll hang around instead of move to Morson for a week now that Sully is not coming.As to the monkey shirt,I just washed and pressed it-should I convert it to an oil rag?

Quote Originally Posted by dpear View Post
    Ok,guess I'll hang around instead of move to Morson for a week now that Sully is not coming.As to the monkey shirt,I just washed and pressed it-should I convert it to an oil rag?
    Convert it to a crying towel! Cuz you're gonna need it! The bell is gonna ring off the hook.

Which bell?There are 2 now.How's that for a wrinkle?Ring the wrong one and...well I can't describe the consequences in a public forum.

Drats...I didn't know there was a second bell. Now I don't know how to answer.

Think you guys are hitting it right.Another 50 in camp last nite plus a few other biggies.
    Travel safe.

How about an update!?! Those of us that had to watch over the fort while the group is having a blast are dying here. Anybody have a ball park of fish caught? Are the fish moving? Any bell ringers yet? How is the party cabin treating the old gummers?

Jeff,
    I came in early so this is brief.I know there was only 1 or 2 fish yesterday but today was different.I've heard of quite a few including a 50 and 46 in one boat.Just chatted with Jack(lil Ranger)and they had 2 and were heading out for the evening.Don't know who got the 50 I'm aware of except he's new this year.
    Hopefully someone will report fully later.If not after my morning run,I'll report more.I was officially allowed to wear my T shirt by 9AM this morning.:-)

thanks for the update dick. I wonder if the new guys that boated the fish were Leo and his brother. We went over maps at work a couple days before he left to go up. I just watched on the web cam a boat fish red buoy and then move over to green buoy and boat a fish! It was so cool! My guess was it was Jack Pertz. I hope at least it was one of our group. It was about 9:00 pm. Please keep info coming. We're passing the info on to others. Good luck tomorrow.

Jeff

The guys with the 50 were in a Crestliner is all I know.

Sounds like Doug/Brandon Simonson! Great guys! Good for them. Thanks Dick

Jeff and all,
    Just got in and the score was 12 for the group yesterday.Lots of nice ones.Saw a couple nice ones today(caught the small one of course) but one was special.So special I'm feeding my dog and running back to try this this 'moonrise' business(1:35 pm) which I've never understood but probably means more than some voodoo theories I adhere to.
    I urged a member on the dock to see if someone can't post regularly for you.

Thanks Dick. I heard someone got a fish off shore behind the store! Fish must be coming to the fishermen this week. I hope the moonrise helped with the special fish. Good luck and be safe. Have fun out there.

Sat there and waited but as far as I could see the moon never showed up.The fish didn't either of course.Joe Bucher is here so I'll ask him if I'm reading his charts wrong.:-)

Truly though he's around and I did have a nice chat with him.That 'Recon' boat is a very nice looking rig.His camera man had just boated a 48 on a proto Glide bait he's working on.That also looked good when worked.

I'll report on the group early afternoon if no one else has.No clue at this point.

This is Steve. We now have a total of 19 fish. 1 day 1, 12 day 2, 6 day 3. Brock and I got up at 4:30 and he got a 36.5. 11 days on LOTW for the boy and he now has the skunk dead. Doug Simonson got a personal best of 50, Brandon a 46. Lot's of big fish being seen. Averaging 15-18 follows a day. Only one boat without a fish now and a few of us still looking to hook up. Now wind the first few days and then it started late yesterday. Blowing like mad now. Well, time to get some coffee and get ready to head back out. Again the sun is shining brightly and it is HOT !! Will try to post again later this week.

Steve
    Walsh's Bay Store Camp
    Frank Walsh

Web Site: http://www.baystorecamp.com

I heard Tim popped a 51" fish! Very nice. I wonder if it came from Scruggs Bay? One more day! Good luck everyone, Can't wait to see photos and hear the stories.

How is the week going for the gang? Fish totals? Big ones? Patterns?