www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: TFF Update

Default TFF Update

Monday greeted my client and I with yet another day with a NE breeze and more mayflies. Not much breeze to work with starting out, but we did fish a few bays with little chop blowing in and came up with a couple of small pike along with a hefty 28 incher. This bigger pike was a big surprise because it had a Reeves weedless jig in it's mouth from the day before. It wasn't till around 10 am before we found some walleye action, and the way we found it was interesting. After having many short hits and no fish, we anchored the boat and casted out our jigs with 1/2 crawler and just left them lay on the bottom, this solved the problem. Within a half hour, we not only had our chunky walleye, but 3 big smallies and 2 red horse. Red horse were a real bonus as they are great table fare when smoked. We also spent some time working a few cribs in search of some gills but only found some small perch and rockbass on them. We did however find some nice gills, some still full of eggs in the shallows. Late in the year for them to be on their beds, but it's also late for the mayflies.

Back out today and tomorrow, will keep you posted.

Don's Guide Service
    dpemble@centurytel.net
    Don Pemble

"we anchored the boat and casted out our jigs with 1/2 crawler and just left them lay on the bottom,Back out today and tomorrow"

All together now….

AND WHAT KIND OF JIGS WERE YOU USING DON ?

I'll leave that up to your imagination, check my tackle box some time. Like I said, the pike had a Reeves jig it it's mouth.
    Don Pemble