www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Weekend Pictures

Default Weekend Pictures

Photos are posted from Memorial Day weekend...haven't had a chance to do all the captions yet. I spent one day hitting a few of the nearby waterfalls - Morgan Falls and Copper Falls near Mellen and Upper and Lower Potato River Falls in Gurney. For Flambeau Riverman, water temps were stuck at 58-62 all weekend depending on location and sunshine. Bass fishing was very slow, the high pressure really threw them off and I found very few fish along the shorelines. That should pick up quickly if the water warms a few degrees, but with the current weather it's hard to say how soon that will happen.

The shot with the loon pulling it's head out of the water. That's the best of the bunch, nice silhouette. Morgan Falls looks like a pretty neat place, Copper falls too. That's a full day trip to see them from Mercer though. Will have to make that one of these times.

Thanks, Trav - I like that one too. I have a surprisingly large number of those "loon shaking itself dry" photos.

It's definitely a worthwhile day trip. I would definitely recommend checking it out in fall - the colors are usually great in that area, and there are some nice vistas at all those spots if you're willing to hike a little and climb some stairs. Okay, LOTS of stairs. All the nice spots are fairly close to each other, so you can pack a lot into a day. If you leave in the morning, you should be able to get to Upson Falls, Potato River Falls, Copper Falls including the tower, Morgan Falls/St. Peter's Dome and you could probably squeeze in quick stops at Saxon Harbor, Superior Falls and Saxon Falls and still get to Hurley in time for a late dinner...