www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: PA State Fishing Championship

Default PA State Fishing Championship

Has anybody heard the results from this past weekend? The fish were pretty active down here this past weekend. Hope they had better weather than we did though.

I quickly read the results Monday morning. Only 1 or 2 muskies brought to scales the whole weekend, I think. Really nice limits of walleye and bass brought in as usual but the number of contestants were way down from years past.
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

E-mail - RedChildress@gmail.com
    Web Site: http://www.alleghenyguideservice.com

I went down to Tidioute Sunday, there was alot of real nice Bass, Walleyes, and a mid 30 inch Pike in the tank. According to the Warren Times Observer there were two Muskies registered, first place went to Charlie Matie 24.78 lbs. and Joe Martinelli 18.02 lbs. The person who won the Champion Angler for the fourth time was Darren Potts of East Hickory with two walleye and six bass totaling 24.36 lbs. he previously won in 1997, 2000, and 2007. Lunker Pike 12.92 lbs., Lunker Walleye 6.92lbs., Lunker Bass 5.13 lbs., Lunker Trout 2.69 lbs. The complete story can be viewed at TimesObserver.Com 53rd annual PSCFT. I believe Joe placed last year too Congrats Joe !

I had lots of fish moving on Saturday, no takers but did manage two northerns(Dinks). Saturday while heading down river to camp from the warren area, we ran into a boat "wreck" on a shallow bar. It took us about an hour to dig some of the rocks out of the way to move it the 30 feet to be able to float. It was a heavy inboard jet rig. It took a beating and fired right back up. That impressed me. Funny how no other boats went by while we were helping. The people had started down in the west hickory area and were heading north, it was there first time out on the river in the boat.

Sunday morning, hit a nice ski on the third cast. Great weekend to be out on the river.

Thanks Bob, I did qualify last year and 2 other years also. I won it on 2006 and in 2010. I could not get a fish on sunday. Congrats To Darrin Potts as he is a great angler and down to earth guy. I am already for next year!!! I had my wife and 3 year old daughter on the river at 7am saturday and 40 degree temps. I tried to talk my daughter out of it but she insisted on going. She is a trooper and my lucky charm!!!!!!