www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: anyone else kill a toro winch yet?

Default anyone else kill a toro winch yet?

So my toro winch 60 is about dead. i took it in to clean and grease a couple weeks ago, but that did not help. I can only throw bigger lures (pacemakers) any distance at all. I had decided to take it in for cleaning and greasing after it did not feel right. not to mention when throwing ghost tails with the tension brake completely off I had to about dislocate my shoulder to get out a half cast, only bright side was never getting a back lash. It came back cleaner, but still now working right. So I am thinking back to the company for repair it will go this winter, wonder what the cost of that will be?
    Has anyone else burned up a winch yet? The bait store said they had never seen one needing repair. I do have a neighbor that said his no longer winds/reels.

Happy birthday (early) to me. Bought a new toro winch and a long ranger. First four casts were back lashes thanks to being use to the old reel. The only reason i am saying this part is to thank whoever it was that posted the video of that "different" way to remove backlashes. That actually worked.

Fishing report for 9/21. So I had no real hope of catching a fish over a few hours tonight due to the cold weather and I have never caught a fish this time of year, well that is my excuse for what happened. I was finishing off a figure eight and had turned to the other side of the boat when I thought wait a second there was something behind my bait. I looked back in time to see a mid 30 inch musky eat my bucktail. So as I am all twisted up I set the hook as best i could. About 2 inches into the hook set I ran into my trolling motor (like i said twisted up and out of position). Funny, ha ha, I can see the bucktail in the fishes mouth. So I set the hook again backwards (no other option against and under trolling motor), this succesfully completed me pulling the lure out of the fishes mouth. That whole episode took about 4 seconds. Live and learn, but it gives me hope for tomorrow and luckily I did not break the new rod as I slammed into trolling motor.

I've had trouble with the Revo's. I keep sending them in for new push buttons. I got them at a good price so I shouldn't complain.

It's hard to beat Shimano products. Sometimes you get what you pay for.
    Ty Sennett Muskie Fishing Guide Service
    & Sennett Musky Tackle Company
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843
    Land Phone: 715-462-9403
    Cell Phone: 612-839-1227
    Web Site: http://www.tysennett.com