www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Big Gators on the Chip?

Question Big Gators on the Chip?

Anybody ever catch a big Northern on the Chip? I've caught hammer handles by the dozens, biggest was 24". Just askin'.

My son caught a 35 and 1/2 incher fishing with Ty within casting distance of Treeand's swimming raft

Biggest Pike I've gotten on the Chip was 38". There have been several 36's and 37's and a bunch over 30 we've put in my boat. Biggest one I've see was landed by my friend Steve, a 42" fish. Nice Pike ! Son in law got a 33 incher this August. I'm way more lucky with Northerns than I am with Muskie. Drat the luck.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertTB View Post
    Biggest Pike I've gotten on the Chip was 38". There have been several 36's and 37's and a bunch over 30 we've put in my boat. Biggest one I've see was landed by my friend Steve, a 42" fish. Nice Pike ! Son in law got a 33 incher this August. I'm way more lucky with Northerns than I am with Muskie. Drat the luck.
    I was up the 11th-18th and got a nice pike in the high 30s, maybe close to 40. It was clearly bigger than a 36 I kept a few years ago. I will try to post a picture later. I hooked and lost 3 musky. One was by far the biggest fish I have had on. I fish alone and I don't bother measuring fish because I don't want them to hurt themselves in the boat. If there is a nearby boat I will ask for a picture. I just didn't set the hook hard enough on this trip. I had a smallmouth hit on a top raider after losing the 3 and I set the hook so hard I almost pulled it out of the water. Too little too late but I had another great week and I continued to learn the lake and fish better.

The largest I've heard of were two 42 inchers. My personal best on the Chip was a 41 incher over by Turkey Vulture Island.
    Ty Sennett Muskie Fishing Guide Service
    & Sennett Musky Tackle Company
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843
    Land Phone: 715-462-9403
    Cell Phone: 612-839-1227
    Web Site: http://www.tysennett.com

I've had a couple of 38" pike in the boat. Both on big water and on suicks. In the bays the pike seem smaller.

I will say this, I am not catching nearly as many pike as I did 3-5 years ago, and it's not even close. Anybody else noticing that also?

Quote Originally Posted by revmike View Post
    I've had a couple of 38" pike in the boat. Both on big water and on suicks. In the bays the pike seem smaller.

I will say this, I am not catching nearly as many pike as I did 3-5 years ago, and it's not even close. Anybody else noticing that also?

Actually I just made this comment to my wife the other day. I don't catch nearly the amount of pike I did in the past. Got a 35 incher a couple weekends ago on a suick but whether I am musky fishing during the season or crappie or walleye fishing on occasion I haven't caught as many pike as I used to. I have noticed the size has increased a bit though. more 30-35 inchers. by the way, largest I caught was 37 on musky opener a couple years ago. Super fat fish!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Northern 37.5 inches 6-15-06 Chip 2.JPG 
Views:	291 
Size:	138.8 KB 
ID:	17937

37.5 inch Northern in 06 on Cranberry.