www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Question concerning Lake Master TFF Chip

Default Question concerning Lake Master TFF Chip

Hello , does anyone know if there are any Auto GPS Unit'S that support the Lake Master TFF SD Chip ? I am going to buy a new Auto GPS unit and would like to know if any of them can be used with the TFF SD Chip . I am budget minded and would like to also use it in the boat . I currently use the handheld Lowrance H2O unit . Thank you and good luck fishing !

You might have waited too long. LakeMaster chips are manufacture-specific, so a Humminbird unit won't work in a Lowrance, etc.

You best bet is to try and find an old Lakemaster for Garmin card, then you can use it in a Nuvi auto unit, and a Garmin fishfinder.

Just because it's on a SD card doesn't mean they're interchangeable.

HRG

I had the exact same situation last winter when I was purchasing a new sonar/GPS combo. Same chip, same handheld. What I discovered is that no current GPS/sonar combos available will read that chip (or any chip not made in the last 2 years). So when you price the GPS unit you might as well tack on $100 bucks for a new chip. And just because the unit your getting says its compatable with Lakemaster doesn't mean your chip will work. All the mapping companies are owned by the same companies that build the GPS/sonar units so they want you to buy new.