Hello,
This article was online this morning I did not see it in the print version that I have delivered to my home. Very Positive information.

http://triblive.com/home/2432987-74/...hatchery-musky

Published: Sunday, August 19, 2012, 11:59 p.m.
Updated 10 hours ago

A local club’s work to grow muskies bigger and faster is paying dividends.

The Three Rivers Chapter of Muskies Inc. donated money to the Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission’s Linesville hatchery so it could buy fathead minnows to feed to its musky fingerlings. The fish are fed pellets otherwise.

So far, the commission has purchased $3,996 worth of minnows using the donation and another $2,500 worth from its own funds. According to hatchery manager Rob Brown, minnows have been fed to about half of the hatchery’s 36,233 muskies since June 29. That has produced the biggest, healthiest muskies seen at Linesville, he said.

At the end of last July, the typical musky fingerling was 4.7 inches long. This year, they were 6.1 inches long.

“This was accomplished by an earlier egg take in the spring and the help with these minnows,” Brown said. “The minnows helped because it enabled us to move our minnow-fed musky outdoors earlier to give additional tank space for the remainder of the feed-fed fish, which helped growth.”