www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Lure making components

Default Lure making components

Anybody know where I can get some sorta' heavy duty Colorado or Indiana blades in colors ? Most of the one's I've gotten over the years are sort of light and when they cup they don't spin real well. Some of 'em don't even spin well new. That's a bummer. I've looked at Stamina and Jans Netcraft, even Musky Tackle Online and Thorne bros, and I don't see any #8 Colorado's there that inspire me. Also looking to find some of that coiled wire for filler between the spinner and the rear of an in-line bucktail.

Thanks, Robert.

Oh, I wonder, am I missing the boat by wanting to use Colorado or Indian blades ? Are there better one's out there ?

You might want to check these guys out:

http://www.mooreslures.com

They have a respectable selection. Hope you find what you are looking for !

Quote Originally Posted by RobertTB View Post
    Anybody know where I can get some sorta' heavy duty Colorado or Indiana blades in colors ? Most of the one's I've gotten over the years are sort of light and when they cup they don't spin real well. Some of 'em don't even spin well new. That's a bummer. I've looked at Stamina and Jans Netcraft, even Musky Tackle Online and Thorne bros, and I don't see any #8 Colorado's there that inspire me. Also looking to find some of that coiled wire for filler between the spinner and the rear of an in-line bucktail.

Thanks, Robert.

Oh, I wonder, am I missing the boat by wanting to use Colorado or Indian blades ? Are there better one's out there ?

There is also a company called www.lurepartsonline.com that has everything you need.
    Ty Sennett Muskie Fishing Guide Service
    & Sennett Musky Tackle Company
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843
    Land Phone: 715-462-9403
    Cell Phone: 612-839-1227
    Web Site: http://www.tysennett.com

Thanks, dfk ! Thanks, Ty !

Stamina is now called Lurepartsonline.com. Moores lures is also good. Get the .040 deep cup Colorado. What doesnt inspire you? The color or pattern? If you ar e looking for a fish type pattern you can try Hagens. But there you might have to buy in bulk. Personally I prefer Moores.

I got some beautiful nice heavy #8 blades from Moores Lures, he has everything you would need, wire coils, would not use the double clevis, had problems with them spinning, reshafted to two clevis and the blades worked well. Got the heavy duty wire loop plier and it has worked very well, makes the whole process easier. Dean

Ty, speaking of lure components I lost a tail blade on a small wood Pacemaker, luckily it was in clear water and we could actually see the brass reflecting. Anyhow, I tried to glue it back in only to lose it for good. Where can I get a brass tail blade to repair it?

Quote Originally Posted by scottwebster View Post
    Stamina is now called Lurepartsonline.com. Moores lures is also good. Get the .040 deep cup Colorado. What doesnt inspire you? The color or pattern? If you ar e looking for a fish type pattern you can try Hagens. But there you might have to buy in bulk. Personally I prefer Moores.
    Scott, I didn't see the color(s) I was looking for, nor did I see some thicker heavier blades. I'm not saying they were not on the site, I just didn't SEE them. Kind of the forrest for the trees concept, you know. Both the sites dfk and Ty suggested look like they have what I seek. Thanks for your input.

Fat Boy, send me the bait and I'll fix it for you and send it back. It must be an old wood one I'm guessing?
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843

How do you want to do the charges for repair and shipping? I can include them in package.

Don't worry about it. I'll take care of it.
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843