just got back from 2 days of fishing with my kids. rafts of mayflies. not 1 walleye, decent perch, or any other panfish except rock bass. smallmouths, on the other hand, were pretty active and we caught these up to 19". That 19" fish was a wallowing hog of a bass. best action was on the standard small jig head and half crawler. funny thing, I could not find the mud lake cribs I have fished many times but because I lost my old gps I had to find them..... in the past with my $129 depth finder I did it in 10 minutes, now with my side finding heat seeking everything finder I couldn't find them. my kids weren't too impressed with my efforts. anyway, this water is world class for smallmouth, bar none. water temps were 68 - 71. one last thing, my son cast the handle off his Daiwa the first day, the thru - handle screw was stripped. We went in Turtle Sports in Mercer, where I bought 2 of these last year when my kids fried their zebcos on flowage smallies. I described what happened to the fellow at the shop, and decided I would buy another, the fellow at the shop said he would take the old one as defective and give me a new one. unfortunately, I had left the reel back at camp in the boat. no matter, the gent said just take a new one now and get the old one to me on your way out....... that is SERVICE.