This goes back to the early 70's, but I was staying at O'Meara's Resort (later became Idle Shores) for a week in either late September or early October. There was a "Musky Rodeo" going on, but I wasn't paying much attention as I was concerned with the walleye fishing.

One evening as I was heading back to my cabin from the fish cleaning shack, the guys in the cabin next door invited me over for a beer and some freshly grilled fish. They were grilling a musky, as were several other guys in the other cabins. I have to admit, it was delicious. This was way before Catch & Release became popular regarding musky fishing.

Soon after that I caught a couple of legal muskies and ate them. I also have a 40" northern on my wall that the taxidermist insisted I take the meat home to enjoy. Tasted just like musky to me and our entire family enjoyed it. Again, this all happened in the early to late
70's.

Today, the muskies would be released to live and fight another day as I agree 100% with Skywalker11. With today's technology (large, fast boats that cover water quickly, sonar, side imaging sonar, etc.), muskies need all the help we can give them.

On the other hand, the northern???? Where's the charcoal?