Just an update...I went to the lake level meeting last week. There was representation from a lot of different groups (county, DNR, UW, private organizations/clubs, etc.), some want higher lake levels, some one lower lake levels. They started the meeting off with some introductions and then took some questions. Before too many were asked though they decided to give all their presentations first, and then have a discussion period after that. Sounded like the best route to go to me (let everyone be informed before asking questions that might be answered in the presentations). So they did the presentations and then went to the discussion period. That's where I was personally disappointed. Instead of having one large discussion group they broke of into separate groups at different tables in the other part of the room. I wanted to hear everyones comments and be able to, if I wished, add to a conversation, and people could respond to any topic I might bring up. So I was disappointed in that respect. I think a lot of people there wanted higher lake levels then we currently have. It doesn't do any good to yell or complain to someone like Kurt Welke, who presumably wants enough water for fish to spawn. So in my opinion, they SHOULD have had the large group discussion/question answering. AFTER that then go to the smaller groups if you wanted particular questions answered by one of the experts in that area. Anyone who read my earlier post before the meeting knows my feeling in all this. Kevin Conners (Dane Co) was asked why the lake levels were so low. Response basically was we didn't have much snow or rain so far. In my non-professional opinion and how I'm reading the charts, from the time period of October 1st, 2011 to March 1st, 2012 they lowered Mendota 18", Monona 9", Waubesa 9.6" and Kegonsa 15". From March 1st, 2012 through April 2nd, 2012 they've raised Mendota 12", Monona and Waubesa have barely changed, and Kegonsa 12". These are not exact numbers, took them from their graphs, exact numbers are obtainable if desired. Kevin Conners said at another earlier meeting that he wanted to lower Mendota down to the winter minimum, which he missed by a few inches. So he (almost) did what he said he was going to, and then gambled we'd have enough snow/ice and spring rains to bring levels back up. If he'd hadn't lowered the levels so far we wouldn't be in so much trouble. So he's only telling part of the story, the reason why the levels aren't back up, and not repeating his past statements of intentionally lowering as far as possible. They also had forms to fill out where you could voice your concerns. I know Lee Tauchen and others spent a lot of time filling these out. In the near future all these suggestions/comments will be posted. In addition people will also be able to voice their concerns/suggestions online shortly. Search for YLAG2 for more information. Again, these are my opinions...