www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Fishing trip plans............gotta have stuff. Fun thread

Default Fishing trip plans............gotta have stuff. Fun thread

I had to laugh at Matt's post on Aurthur.......

"I suggest you at least sign in an give a water temp. , or where you launched from or what you ate on the boat.."

I know Matt eats some "odd" things on the boat so I thought it would be a fun post on what guys bring to eat, favorite lucky things they do ahead of time, whatever gets you into "fish mode".............
    I didn't want to hi-jack the Aurthur post so started a new one.

If I'm going to new waters, fishing a tourney, think it's going to be a tough day on the water I like to have my Rollie and Helens Musky Shop shirt on.

Pork rinds and sunflower seeds (now that quit chew)

My goto foods are Hershey's Chocolate Bars with almonds (kept on ice) and 1 peanut butter sandwich.

I love deer season cuz I also get to occasionally sample my client's deer jerky/sausage/beef sticks!!
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

E-mail - RedChildress@gmail.com
    Web Site: http://www.alleghenyguideservice.com

I have to have my Diet Coke, this time of year no ice. Summer is a different story!

I never get any of the food in my boat as my two boy's generally eat it all.....Ho-Ho's are a big hit and usually go on the first rumage into the food stash. Sheetz donuts are also a must but they never make it on the water or to me unless I take one out of the bag in the store. I'm with you Red on the PB sandwiches.

ppalko

I can demolish a full big bag of Doritos. I think my resident ants live off the droppings...I've always wondered how they survive the winter in my all aluminum boat. I like to talk to the fish, this is especially effective with follows

PB&J with a side of Beef Jerky washed down with Coke Zero Cherry.

Ha-Ha Frank. BACON... And also a tupperware container full of bacon.. Cheese chunks and the non-filter cigs I smoke usually help clog up my artery's ( blood flow) and It calms me down when I get a fish.... (ha-ha)
    A sandwich or 2... Black olives, Smoked oysters out of the can, lil' smokies or fried kolbassi. Tuna fish and crackers.... veggies with ranch dip (sometimes). hard boiled eggs. etc. All finger picking foods I like to take. Wife always knows to pack a lot of food for me. I tell her I need enough to eat because if they are hitting, I will be out there all day... If the aren't - I will have to stay all day to see if they turn on in the evening, or if there is a night bite....

Heart attack...heart attack....heart attack......
    I'll be working on him at St. Clair for a week trying to get him to eat a little more healthier!!!!
    I don't want my buddy folded up over the net with a 50+ in it asking for me to call 911 cause his ticker is workin' overtime!!!

Or.................maybe I'll just try some BACON too and we'll die happy............

My brother and I have a strange phenomenon that occurs when we fish together in terms of "gotta have" snacks. We end up picking up peanutbutter twix for the fast snacks during a long day of fishing. Well, it seems that no matter how many we buy/consume during the trip, we always end up with like 4 of them left when we're cleaning out the boat and headin our separate ways. I have no idea how these things multiply but we're always fighting over who gets to take them home. I swear I still have some in one of my fishing bags from 2 to 3yrs ago. They just keep showing up even after we've decided that we need to completely omit them as an on-board snack!! LOL Even though we dont consider them a "gotta have" item, they apparently have other ideas. LOL

Now, a true "gotta have" for me is my fishing hat. If I don't have it, I just feel off the whole time and it doesn't bode well for my confidence. LOL

No offense to Red, but my lucky shirt is my Fish Education Center shirt. I swear the big fish must think I'm Howard Wagner when I wear that shirt

No offense taken at all......if I had one, I would wear it too.
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

Missed the part about lucky clothes wear. Was so caught up about Frank bustin my balls about what I eat..... Always have to have my pittsburgh penguin hat on... Sure some have seen pics I send them and there is a Penguin emblem in there somewhere.....
    Lucky Casting Shirt - NO DOUBT, would have to be My Leo-Lures t-shirt that I wore for my first trip to fish the allegheny river with my "guide", Frank.. Boated a 45, 44 and a 30. also a mini pike.... He started off the day with a 38" pike I believe. I asked him if this was a normal day on the river, Hell no he said- Pretty Good day !!! Maybe that is why I was never invited back... ???? BUT- Had my lucky Penguins cap on that day also....
    Gotta have my dirty, smelly, mesh pittsburgh penguin hat on......... ( weather permitting )

For clothes, I always wear my 3 Rivers or Muskie first shirt and my Wiley Lure hat. When it comes to food we eat well. Hoagies, Salt and vinegar chips, Swedish fish, seeds, a bunch of candy bars, Doritos and some gum.Always have plenty of bottled water, 2 Gatorade each and 4- 20oz pops. This is after we stop and eat our breakfast sandwich with double egg and meat!!!! I will never forget the 1st time I fished with Dale Wiley in the Chautauqua tourney about 5 years ago. I brought my own cooler and 2 giant eagle bags full of munchies, he asked if we were staying out for the day or a entire week!!!!!!! We ate well and got some nice fish. I told him it was because I was chumming with the swedish fish....

Guess I need to not worry what's in Matt's cooler and make sure that hat blows off so he doens't lay the smack down on me like that again. It was a good day, lots of laughs. New PB for casting too wasn't it?

In the winter I gotta have soup to warm me up. Any other season, I stop at a sheetz and buy one of those bags of small pepperoni rolls to stroke the ulcer.

I don't have a go-to item of clothing, but it seems like Red has been doing pretty well with the Penn Jersey hoody : )

Speaking of the hoodie, I only wash it once per year......right after my last winter trip. It is usually covered in crispy Esox slime mixed in with some of my own blood.
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress