www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Camping Question

Default Camping Question

Hello everyone! i plan on camping on one of those remote camping sites out on TFF. Last year my friends and I went to Chippewa Flowage and all of the sites were takin when we got up there. If my group came up early June 17th, which is a sunday, will there still be available campsites? I would like to camp around Long Island, anyone know which of the sites are the best to choose from? and are there plenty of room for 2 tents?

Thank you,
    Travis Brooks

Turtle-Flambeau Flowage, Butternut,Wisconsin

I like the view from F-7. Its great for sunsets. Its also one of the more popular sites. Many people leave on Sunday, so you should have a good shot at getting a good site.

You may want to consider a site in the Rat Lake area. There is less traffic and good fishing.

Alright thank you. I would consider Rat Lake, its just that its so far away from the one fishing spot that i really hope will catch me fish since i dont know anything else. Could a newbie to the lake figure out how to catch some fish there? or is a guide required?

Cool TFF Newbie

A guide will definitely help but given your previous message it doesn't sound like a possibility. There's a lot of water and a lot of different ways to catch fish. Send me an email and I can tell you what works for our group. We've been going to the TFF for 50+ years and usually do pretty well. randyh11275@yahoo.com

Randy

Alright will do, thank you!