www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Fishing/Trail Report for the week of Jan. 23rd, 2012

Turtle-Flambeau Flowage, Butternut,Wisconsin

Default Fishing/Trail Report for the week of Jan. 23rd, 2012

Fishing action was spotty this past weekend. Some walleyes were being caught off the sand bar in front of the cabins at Flambeau Vista Retreat on Lake Bastine on golden shiners in about 6' of water at dusk. Good perch action, both jigging and on tip-ups, with crappie minnows in about 8' of water was reported near Pink Rock on the Turtle River area. Walleyes and Crappies were being caught on the big water on the river channel bends and mid-lake humps on both crappie minnows and golden shiners. There is about 12"-14" of ice in most areas after last week's deep freeze.

Snowmobile trails are in good to excellent condition with a 10"-12" base and about 6" of new snow forcasted for Monday, Jan. 23rd. 2012.

Don't forget about the Justin Donner Memorial Fisheree this Saturday, Jan. 28th, 2012 in front of Donners Bay Resort. This is a great event for a great cause with food, many raffle prizes, music and fireworks at dusk. Even if you don't want to fish, break the winter blues by bringing your family to this event.

Also, mark your caledar for the Claus Kraetke Memorial Ice Fishing Jamboree on Saturday, Feb. 25th, 2012 in front of Donners Bay Resort. This is another fantastic event that should not be missed.

See www.turtleflambeauflowage.com for info on lodging, food and guides.

3 of us fished this past Sunday. Set up 9 tip-ups in a small area on a hump from 3 to 12 feet of water using suckers and shiners from 2:30 to 6:00 PM. Had about 10 flags, all but 2 on suckers and caught 2 walleyes just over 14" and a small greasy black spotted northern. Measured 13 inches of ice where we set up.

Next time don't fish with a school teacher,hire a guide.

Not sure if the last post was directed to me? If it was I am unsure what it meant. There were no school teachers with me when we fished. I do know past and present school teachers/personnel with lots of years on the TFF with vast knowledge to go along with it.

Some of the better guides I know are great teachers, not only on the water, but in the classroom!!!

Mark