www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Weekend reports

Default Weekend reports

Well, how did everybody do?

Overall, it sounded like the bite was good on Saturday, and slow on Sunday. We heard of several big fish from the upper bay off the East Bank, and lots of eaters from south of Gladstone. Diane did have one big walleye brought in Sunday Morning. Phil caught a 32 inch, 12 pound 6 ounce fish, using a 10 inch sucker on a tip-up!

Guys started fishing off the Terrace this weekend. Sounds like there's about 4 inches of ice. No real report back on the fishing, just yet. With all the strong south wind Sunday, a new pressure crack formed on the bay, south of Gladstone. It's fairly close to shore in shallow water. Just be careful if heading out early in the morning.

I fished off Gladstone Sunday and Monday evening. Sunday night was pretty miserable with all the wind and freezing rain! Only marked a few fish, and the ones I did see didn't want to play. Headed to the same general area again Monday evening. Again, marked few fish, but most of them were hungry tonight. Caught the first one about 5:30 on a #7 Glow Green Tiger Jigging Rap. Then a little before 6pm, a group of three showed up on the graph. I had a "Bait Shop Guy Special" Shiver down at that time, and ended up catching two of the three fish. Nothing big, just nice eaters. One of the walleyes barfed up a couple gobies in the bottom of the shack. The Rap and Shiver were both pretty close to "matching the hatch," size wise.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	12 pounder 002a.JPG 
Views:	175 
Size:	77.8 KB 
ID:	15496   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1-23 catch 001a.JPG 
Views:	168 
Size:	76.0 KB 
ID:	15497   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1-23 catch 003a.JPG 
Views:	164 
Size:	136.2 KB 
ID:	15498  
    Last edited by The Bait Shop Guy; 01-25-2012 at 10:46 AM.
    CHRIS WAHL

Bay View Bait and Tackle Everything you need to fish the Bays de Noc.
    Friendly, knowledgeable staff. Best minnow counts on the bay.
    Voted best bait shop on Little Bay de Noc
    current hours - Every day 7 to 5
    http://baydenoc.com/bayviewsports/

Bay View Motel A great place to stay near the bay. Give them a call for room rates and availability http://www.bayview-motel.com

Thanks Chris....I should be there by 2 pm tomorrow (Tues)!!!

Default Sunday Report

Longest bite all year started at 4:30 and was steady till 6:00 pm. Got my limit with smalls back down the whole. nasty weather but was happy to follow a guy off the ice that had a different way off on to someones yard. Then called a friend to pick me up with a trailer and back to Rapid we went. # 9 parrot was the hotest but also 2 on #7 orange. Lost first 3 on the #9 might need a new treble hook on it. Went to Kates Bay Sat. afternoon with no success at all Best to stick with the eye's I guess.

Got out off the Terrance on Saturday, first time fishing in a long time, went one for one off the break, 33fow, orange jigging rap. Didn't mark much at all.