www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Ice fishing report 1-14-2012

Default Ice fishing report 1-14-2012

Hi everyone,

Ice fished a small lake in Vilas county today. Under a very cloudy sky with a light snow coming down carried by a soft west wind I was able to ice 12 Walleyes keeping two over the 15" size limit. Also caught 4 nice Perch that combined with the Walleyes will make a nice fish dinner. Caught everything jigging as nothing touched the tip ups. The hot bait was a small spoon tipped with a minnow head. I always start out using a jigging rap, but had no lookers. As soon as I droppped down the spoon, there was always lookers and sniffers with some biters. Tried waxxies but so far this year, the waxxies have produced nothing for me. As soon as I put on a minnow head, I get alot of attention.

We had a dump of snow for the last two days totalling about 6-8". I was worried about getting around but had very little problems. As I left I noticed some slush appearing where I had walked or in the tire tracks of the ATV. It's getting cold tonight with temps around zero so the slush shouldn't be a problem.The ice is still around 10" which is plenty for ATV's and snowmobiles. but not enough for trucks. Be carefull out there. Good luck fishing everyone.

Walleyemaxx
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Two good eaters 1-14-2012.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	49.8 KB 
ID:	15443   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	good fish dinner 1-14-2012.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	44.5 KB 
ID:	15444  
    Tom Christianson
    Professional Fishing Guide

Author The Walleyemaxx Systemhttp://www.walleyemaxx.com/pages/the...ystem-book.php.
    Web Site: http://www.walleyemaxx.com/
    E-Mail: walleyemaxx@yahoo.com
    Cell Phone: 715-617-0894
    Land line 715-945-2138-Radisson
    Tackle manufacture "American Traditions Fishing Tackle CO.LLC.www.americantraditionsfishingtackle.com.