The chapter has a lot planned for 2012, and we get started at our monthly meeting tomorrow 7 PM at PJ’s in Sunbury. Our program speaker will be John Wargo from the Corps of Engineers and he will be talking about boating safety, the Alum Creek Dam and various water level issues. It should be a great discussion. Thanks as always to Elmer for setting this up.

During the second half of our meeting we will primarily be talking about the up-coming Ohio Muskie Show, January 27-29, at the Makoy Center in Hilliard. We will hear from Ross Wagner on what he has lined up for another exciting event. This show has become such a big part of the success of our chapter, as it is our one true annual face-to-face membership recruiting effort and it has become a solid fundraiser to help us all year put on great youth events and contribute generously to the minnow fund. We will be talking about the chapter booth activities, the ODNR muskie summit, collecting lures for the raffle prize, taking volunteers to staff our booth, etc. I am also pleased to announce that Jay Zahn, President of Muskies, Inc., has accepted my invitation to join us at our booth and will be at the show on Friday and Saturday with Greg Wells, Past-President of Muskies, Inc. Please try to attend the meeting to find out what’s going on and how you can help.

If time permits during the business portion of our meeting, I will give everyone an update on how we did at our various activities last year compared to other years and our budget. We may not fit this in until the February meeting, but rest assured it is good news again.

See you at PJ’s