www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: New fishing suit!

Default New fishing suit!

Hey Guys, Have you checked out the Arctic Armor suits on the market? Santa left one under my tree this year! Its a reallly nice suit thats warm and it even floats! It makes me feel a little more secure when I'm chasing Muskies alone in the frigid winter months. The company who makes them is right here in Pittsburgh. They have one on sale for under $300! Money well spent!

Brian

I didn't know those were made in Pittsburgh. You're too busy to go fishing this winter. Just leave that on your back porch and I'll let you know how it works.

I'm pretty sure that PA is going to adopt SOME of the NY laws with lifejackets during cold months for 2012. Which isn't a bad idea. I think their boat lenght requirement was going to be less than NY........Guess we'll see. Read that somewhere???

Either way..........it's not a bad idea when you think of all the layers of clothes a guy has on to stay warm, throw in some pack boots and your on a one way trip to the bottom!

I picked up a Mustang jacket and bibs years ago, sure is nice knowing that if I go over I have a chance now. It was right at $500, pricey!
    Takes 10 trips or so to break it in and loosen it up some but sure is nice. Money well spent.

I picked up one of those fancy inflatable life jackets a few weeks ago. Haven't had a chance to use it yet. I'm skeptical, but I know it's my only shot at wearing a life jacket. I'll never wear a standard style while casting. We'll see how it goes...

Once the floatation suits are broke in it just like wearing your normal winter coat/gear.
    With me getting bibs and coat combo a guy can just wear the coat when it's not really cold and be protected, it's really nice and worth the money.
    I felt that I needed to float more than survive in the water for a long period of time so the combo is what I bought.
    The complete suit they say you can last 4 hours in 40 degree water with. The bib coat combo allows water to flush in and out and reduces that time some. It fits tight at all the cuffs and has materail across the chest that is loose when it's unzipped that helps prevent the flushing of the cold water I guess? Sucks when you gotta pee!!!!! LOL....
    Lot of lives have been lost on the Allegheny over the years.

Brian, my wife and I each have an Artic Armor suit, it is very warm and lite weight, well worth the money spent and not imported. I would like to try the suit out in a swimming pool to check for bouyancy. I did get in the shower with one on to check for leaks none were detected. Went in the Susquehanna last week while working, I can't imagine being in for any more than 30 seconds ! dang cold ! Enjoy your new suit.

Bob Seybold

I got to try mine out this past weekend. I love it! Its hard to believe how thin and light this suit is and still be "VERY WARM." I like to fish, not survive!!!!!!!

Brian

Speaking of suits, has anyone bought/tried the Frabill FXE suit that came out last year?
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

E-mail - RedChildress@gmail.com
    Web Site: http://www.alleghenyguideservice.com

Quote Originally Posted by Red Childress View Post
    Speaking of suits, has anyone bought/tried the Frabill FXE suit that came out last year?
    I seen some good prices on EBay for the Frabill FXE suit, compared to Frabills web site.