www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Hello to Red from the Frozen Tundra

Default Hello to Red from the Frozen Tundra

Hi Red,
    Pete from Rollie & Helen's Musky Shop here. Just thought I'd jump on to wish you and your Pa. friends a Merry Christmas. Hope you were able to stick some fish on the last batch of baits we sent you. Of course musky season is now closed here in northern Wisconsin and though we do have some marginal ice the ice fishing season hasn't quite kicked into full gear just yet. I envy you guys who get to fish muskies later in the year as I sit here and watch my boat get covered with yet another layer of snow. Hope you're doing well and good luck out there.
    Pete

Pete Stoltman Regular Fishin' Regular Guys
    www.rfrgoutdoors.com
    rfrgoutdoors2@gmail.com
    (715) 614-4142

Hey Pete,

Just got a few of them in yesterday and I really love how the 10" Phantom soft-tail looks.....I will be getting her wet this weekend!

Thanks for putting the 'rush' on Sunday nites order (the new Frabill and Knipex) cuz my Stowmaster made its way to the bottom of the river on Sunday morning.... I had to hand-land our fish on Monday in 40 degree water. The net should be here today.

Merry Christmas to you out there on the frozen tundra!
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

E-mail - RedChildress@gmail.com
    Web Site: http://www.alleghenyguideservice.com

Thanks Red. You guys keep battling them while we take a break. Standing on the ice to catch perch and crappies just doesn't have the same excitement as a 40 incher smacking a lure at the side of the boat! Although I have to admit it's still kind of fun.

Pete Stoltman Regular Fishin' Regular Guys
    www.rfrgoutdoors.com
    rfrgoutdoors2@gmail.com
    (715) 614-4142

Net arrived last nite and I think I like the bag on the Frabill better than the Stowmaster (for river current applications).

Thanks again for getting it to me on such short notice!
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

Red, I agree. I had both nets and like the Big Frabill alot better. I havent used the new 10" phantoms but did get a few fish on the new 10" Hellhounds this year.

The 3 fish we actually landed this weekend were on the 7.5" and 10" phantoms (soft tails).......color did not seem to make any difference. The other 4 fish we missed (or they missed us) did not aggressively smack our baits without tails so we all switched over and started putting fish in the net. The 10" weighs twice as much as the 7.5" and is perfect for slowing things down in deeper water. We also hit a 31" walleye on a 10" Hughes last nite....go figure.

I will get my hands on some 10" Hellhounds for next season.
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress