Wow, this fall is just flying by. Between fishing, music, work at the Musky Shop, etc. Things have been hectic to say the least.

If you haven't already read it on the RFRG Radio post or the Facebook Page, we are making some tweaks, adjustments, etc. to RFRG Outdoors Radio. No show this week but keep your eyes on the site here for details as we prepare what we think will be some exciting new innovations.

I've been getting some pretty decent reports this past week from guys stopping in the shop on musky fishing. As expected, narrow feeding windows both morning and mid afternoon. Seems like jerkbaits have been the number 1 producer with soft plastics coming in close behind. Live suckers have been productive for some but not so much for other. Lots of dropped suckers so the fish are grabbing them but not as aggressively as you might expect for this time of year and water temp. Hit 'em fast with your quick strike rig and you'll probably stand a better chance of getting hooks in them. Crankbaits also producing but frankly I don't see that many guys using them. I suspect that if more people were throwing cranks the numbers would be right there with the jerkbaits.

I'm starting to sort through multiple dusty boxes of fishing lures that haven't seen the light of day in years and will probably put some up for sale. When I get around to doing this I'll give a description of the lure condition and put a fair price on them. Maybe some of you will provide a happy home for some of these neglected children.

My son Peter has just moved to Arcadia, Wisconsin which is in sw Wisconsin and a haven for trout fishing. I'll be fishing there for sure next year when trout gets going. More on that later.

That's about it for now. I'll be out hitting the water this weekend. Just can't decide if it will be row trolling or casting. We'll see what the weather brings before making a decision on that.