Hi everyone,

Well the weather man was mostly right yesterday. Except for the snow. It was heavy clouds with a constant drizzle and cold. Temps were in the high 30's to low 40's all day. I found fish in only one place, a deep sunken tree that yielded three small Walleyes all about 12" that I released. I marked a lot of fish, but they weren't active. Water temps were down to 46 degrees and with this weather continuing, the water will cool down fast.

Caught the Walleyes on jigs and minnows. I didn't do much experimenting because I got cold. My fingers refused to function correctly so every time I had to tie on a new jig, it was a big deal. The wind was blasting out of the south east making some good rollers, The drizle was mostly constant, and the air temps were steadily going down. Needless to say I was done fishing after about 5 hours. It was fun to be out there with almost no boat traffic. Saw only about seven other boats the time I was out and most of them were rowing a sucker around under a huge bobber after Musky's.

Ice fishing is right around the corner. At least on the ice I have a portable shack with a heater. It is actually warmer than fishing open water this time of year. Good luck fishing everyone.

Walleyemaxx