www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: A good day on the Chip

Default A good day on the Chip

I had planned on coming up during the week to do some sucker fishing. After reading that every one was still pulling fish out of shallow water, I have to say I was a little concerned. I was going to post last week, seeking opinions. Would I be wasting my time? I thought, why bother asking. Every one would tell me I would be better off casting shallow. I enjoy late fall sucker fishing and was looking for bigger fish.(who isn't) Despite the warm water, I figured the bigger fish had already moved out. So I was going to dunk them in deeper water anyway.(not gonna say how deep) Well, sometimes it pays to go against the flow. Wednesday the 26th I boated a beautiful 51". It was a good day on the Chip.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PICT2409.jpg 
Views:	361 
Size:	192.5 KB 
ID:	14928

Congrats on going against the grain and scoring really BIG!!!

Mark

What a great fish! Do you fish your suckers straight down? How do you use weight with them? Congratulations!

Thank you. I ran them under slip bobbers. No weight, they will naturally seek the bottom. If you see them trying to come up, its a good sign that something is making them very uncomfortable.

Congrats on the fish. We might have caught that one last year on the same spot. I'll do some looking to see if I can find the picture.
    Ty Sennett Muskie Fishing Guide Service
    & Sennett Musky Tackle Company
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843
    Land Phone: 715-462-9403
    Cell Phone: 612-839-1227
    Web Site: http://www.tysennett.com