www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Pontoons on the flowage?

Default Pontoons on the flowage?

I am thinking about purchasing a 22 foot pontoon with a 50 hp 4 stroke big foot for use on the TFF. Anyone have any ideas about how well this set up would work on the flowage. My wife and I either anchor up or drift for Walleyes, bass, panfish.

Thanks

I have a 24 foot pontoon that i use up there all the time, just take it slow and you will have a blast!! Kind of hard to get on top of cribs and stay anchored but there are so many fish in that body of water it doesnt matter. Hope to see you in "Gods Country" :-)

Turtle-Flambeau Flowage, Butternut,Wisconsin

We have a 20' pontoon with a 50 hp 4 stroke. It is plenty of pontoon for getting around the TFF. There is also plenty of room for Kathy and I to fish; however, pontoons are like giant bobbers when there is any wind. If there is wind, they are tricky to position before anchoring and you will need two heavy anchors to hold your position. Touring the TFF on a pontoon is fantastic, plus our two dogs love it! Enjoy!

Scott

Default Pontoons on the flowage

Great fishing platform. I have a 22' Bennington FSI with a Merc 60 HP Big Foot. (Made specially for pontoons, more thrust)

Three years not a sractch on the skeg. Knock on wood

Dave

Thanks for the information. I am in the process of getting it all fixed up and will bring it in the spring. The weather here is now perfect for fishing - in the mid 70's and sunny days so we'll get some flats fishing done in FL over the winter and then head to the great northwoods around June - when it gets warmer there!

Frauddog:

I know you mentioned FL, whereabouts are you flats fishing???

Mark

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Benson View Post
    Frauddog:

I know you mentioned FL, whereabouts are you flats fishing???

Mark
    I live most of the year in Spring Hill FL - about 40 minutes north of Tampa. I fish the Hernando Beach, Bay Port, Homossa areas. I plan on being on the water tomorrow morning - although it is a bit cool - down to 55 tonight and back up to 75 tomorrow. I'll be fishing for red fish, trout, and flounder.

I have a 22 or 24, not sure, but have a 75 on it. I was caught out on the flowage in a good storm once with a smaller motor that took 1/2 hour to get back home. I would put as big as you can just to be able to move if you have to in a hurry. The 75 does just fine. Not overkill.