Hi everyone,

Got out for just a few hours today. Guideing a party tommorow and wanted to see if the deep wood pattern is still the way to go. The air temps have plummeted to the high 40's-low50's, the water temps are down to 63 degrees, we had a heavy overcast sky with a high barometer and the wind was fairly strong most of the time from the southwest.

But there is still Walleyes in the deep wood. The bite was real slow, but there was a few fish feeding. Caught only one Walleye and had very few bites of which I missed. Some of the bites were obviously not Walleyes, but they keep you on your toes.

Supposed to rain tommorow.Sometimes that can turn on the Walleyes. I'll find out.Hope the thunder storm that has been predicted holds off. I'll report how it goes.

Just a reminder to order your book soon. It is loaded with valuable fish catching info. The fall patterns will start to kick in soon. I explain in my book how to cash in on what is one of the most beautifull times of the yearr to be out fishing. Good luck fishing everyone.

Walleyemaxx