www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Development in Kavanagh Bay

Default Development in Kavanagh Bay

There is some surveying going on for a possible development on Kavanagh Bay. You can see the survey ribbons on the southern shore. I like it better the way it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gardner View Post
    There is some surveying going on for a possible development on Kavanagh Bay. You can see the survey ribbons on the southern shore. I like it better the way it is.
    Here's hoping a McMansion doesn't appear there over the next year or so...

no sure i would build my mcmansion back there or even a house unless you have some iron clad guarantee deal with the floating bogs not to land lock you. I did see those markers back there. I have not seen any fish back there since early though :{

I don't think there is any building going on there. Might just be some marking of trees for some reason or other.
    Ty Sennett Muskie Fishing Guide Service
    & Sennett Musky Tackle Company
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843
    Land Phone: 715-462-9403
    Cell Phone: 612-839-1227
    Web Site: http://www.tysennett.com

Actually, I asked the guy who was doing the surveying what it was all about, and he said the owner of a 40 was thinking about putting an executive retreat in there. There's a new marked stake on Fawn Trail as well. He said the owner has such a place on Spider Lake.

There is now a new road going through the woods from Fawn Trail to Kavanagh Bay and I noticed earth moving equipment today while fishing in the bay.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gardner View Post
    There is now a new road going through the woods from Fawn Trail to Kavanagh Bay and I noticed earth moving equipment today while fishing in the bay.
    Probably just beavers, Bill.

TM

No, this was definitely bigger and more yellow in color than a beaver.

Stranger yet, my wife and I were out on the lake today when a snake swam out to us, climbed up the big motor although I was trying to put some distance between us with the trolling motor and looked like it was considering slithering into the boat. I grabbed a Hookout and managed to dump him back into the lake before really putting some distance between us with the big motor.

Not a big snake and I'm sure not dangerous but as my wife noted, kinda creepy.

Definitely a bummer of this new development. K. Bay has always been a favorite spot of mine to fish on the flowage. Lots of wildlife back there.

I saw a pretty big northern water snake last week of july while i was out on the flowage this summer. Here's a picture I took of it....