Since opinions are still cheap I had intended to respond earlier but then senility entered the picture.I actually tried to find an article I wrote for EA titled(I think);'The Follow,The Return'.Actually had a few goodies in it so maybe Dave can come up with it????
For now I'll just weigh in on jimmyb's question.Jimmy,they'll bite as soon as my wife returns.Almost without fail.For me?Rarely no matter what time I return.Nevertheless,I return quickly and often with the same bait IF the fish was hot.Real quick if it was hot and there are other people around.
OK,time for a fish story-only cause my wife will verify it.Many years ago we were fishing a very clear lake.We each had a 50 inch plus follow on opposing points on each end of a lil island.Both low and slow but the kind that went around and around.I probably wouldn't have returned til dark,if at all that day,but the boss insisted.Stories ending?-30 minutes later we returned and we each caught one on figure 8s.Ask her about mine at Op M,she'll love to tell you.Particularly since while leaning over the side to release mine,I fell in and lost my brand new Sunnies.She periodically brings that up.