www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Ford River OK to launch??

Default Ford River OK to launch??

I've read some other threads on low water levels and concerns with other launches. Just wondering does anybody have a Ford River water level report. Is it ok to launch there?? Or, does anyone have an actual fishing report (Good or bad)?? I've only fished down there in the late summer/fall...is the walleye fishing even any good down there early season?? Any info much appreciated. Thanx

Default My fishing report

...It occured to me that as I was asking others for info, I should post my own fishing reports, even if they suck!! So here it is: 2 trips out this year,14 hours of fishing, and 7 fish total...but I'm fishing the lower bay. There is always boats in the Esky River, but I hate fishing by other people. I've trolled loads of water in other places...Black Bottom seems to be a waste of time, but some of the breaklines in the lower bay have yielded some good size walleye (a few 25"-26" and one went 29") The 29" was on a crawler harness during the daytime, and every other fish I've caught was on cranks after dark. One thing I know for sure, if you like fishing in isolated places (like I do), there was absolutely nobody fishing the lower bay last week.

About 2 feet of water at the shallowest part on the way out. I was out last night with my 16 footer, just trim your motor up. Only caught one walleye, was a couple other boats out there and didn't see them catch anything and they left before I did. Was still 5 trailers in the parking lot when I left at 11:30 so they must have been south of the ford.

I made my first bass trip of the year on the Ford last night. Caught 4 smallmouth and a small pike, (lost one mule that was easily over 20 inches) Anyway, at least 10 boats headed out while I was fishing the mouth of the river. Everything from 14 footers, to 20 foot Rangers. It's shallow, but if you trim your motor up, you can slowly work your way out. When you reach 7FOW, you're good to go. Most of the guys with the bigger boats put them up on plane when they reach the deep hole at the river mouth, and shoot out over the shallow stuff. You can do that at your own risk.

It was flat calm last night, so I would imagine that the fishing was slow until well after dark. There's supposed to be a fair SE wind Sunday. If it's strong enough to get the water stirred up and dirty, there could be a good bite down there tomorrow afternoon.
    CHRIS WAHL

Bay View Bait and Tackle Everything you need to fish the Bays de Noc.
    Friendly, knowledgeable staff. Best minnow counts on the bay.
    Voted best bait shop on Little Bay de Noc
    current hours - Every day 7 to 5
    http://baydenoc.com/bayviewsports/

Bay View Motel A great place to stay near the bay. Give them a call for room rates and availability http://www.bayview-motel.com

Unhappy Dont b so salty

Took a 20' ranger out of there yesterday morn.I know where the 3 boulders are that could damage my L/Unit.I hit a deadhead just b-4 I "took off" for the sand bar[no damage].Fishing was slow.water was clear.The 2 I did catch were 12 miles apart.No luck on 2nd passes.Like I said fishing was slow.If U catchum down there , lemme know buddy.TIGHT LINES.T
    KEEP THE SLOT ON BAY DE NOC

Unhappy slow

Took a 20' ranger out of there yesterday morn.I know where the 3 boulders are that could damage my L/Unit.I hit a deadhead just b-4 I "took off" for the sand bar[no damage].Fishing was slow.water was clear.The 2 I did catch were 12 miles apart.No luck on 2nd passes.Like I said fishing was slow.If U catchum down there , lemme know buddy.TIGHT LINES.T
    KEEP THE SLOT ON BAY DE NOC

Fished just S and N of the river this am without any action. Too calm. We go by way of Escanaba though.
    Gary
    "SeeSwell"

Default No luck here

...made it out there last night, and the fishing sucked. One walleye (12 FOW); and I covered a decent amount of water. Looks like its back to the lower bay for me. I sure wish these north winds would go away now...