www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: our trip was great!

Default our trip was great!

Sorry for late report no computer up north, We fished on openers, Monday & Tuesday. Sunday was crazy!!! We fished from sun up to about 1pm....wow, we had solid five footers out there at times, my back still hurts! We fish the squaw point area 42' of water we were the only boat fishing there, caught 8 with 2 bite offs or broken line right at the boat, plus many missed hits, they were really nice fish 18'' - 24". Tuesday was much better weather we fished our spot over by squaw point caught five more, only boat there again. Then we moved to Kippling area drifting 26 - 30ft of water where we caught a lot of nice walleyes too! Two boats, six guys & three days of fishing we kept 58 fish........before any bashing starts about daily limits, let me tell ya, we eat fresh fish for three nights and took a few bags home for the freezer...Great Trip!
    -Cosmo
    p.s.
    our best baits were pink and blue hatchet blade we were calling it peek-a-boo...lol, and a perch floater with a hammered brass blade got these two from Chris at bay view, the other two hot ones were walleye choice, glow white floater with white a blade and a glow white/blue floater with a white blade, got these at the bait store in Rapid River.

Excellent! Where's home?
    Gary
    "SeeSwell"

Congrats. Thanks for the report. That's some fine eating there.

The Esky River aside, I haven't seen any boats south of Saunders Point...but they're packed in like sardines in the northern part of the bay. Just eyeballing it makes it look like you'd need a traffic cop out there or some traffic lights

Doofighter, I'm from N.E. IL. I have a camp out on Stonington, I usually don't fish much after openers, however this year I hope that will be different?
    -Cosmo