www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Spring Water Levels

Default Spring Water Levels

The reported water level appears to be down below where it was last year at this time. But the recent dam discharge rates have been kept well above the 300 plus level all winter until just recently. If there is a concern that the spring water level was so low last year (something I have not seen in 20+ years), why have they not backed down the discharge to try to maintain more water?
    Does anyone know if the controlling agency/company calling the shots on the discharge rate have considered the effect on the recreation value to the flowage resort owners and residents? Is there anything we can do to influence the decision makers?
    I am a little concerned that, short of a really wet spring, we will all be dodging those stumps and boulders we saw for the first time last spring. Only good thing is I have a lot more "hazard" waypoints on my graph from last year to make those trips from Beaver Creek to Lake Bastine a lot safer in the dark every night. Let's hope we don't have to add more new waypoints to the last years batch!

With all due respect to you "hard water" guys, I can't wait for the next 51 days to pass!

Default Water Levels

Water levels are down a good foot lower than last year at this yime. It's all about the money. Water generates electricity which converts to revenue for the power plants down stream. Excel energy apparently now controls the water flows.