www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Fallen Heros

Default Fallen Heros

All,
    A few months ago there was a tread started about fishing in the Ford River Area. Chris AKA the Bait Shop guy shared a post about me checking the forums while I was deployed to Iraq. I replied that there where more important things to argue about than giving away fishing spots, and talked about the other Engineer Battalion in my Brigade that was deployed to Afghanistan that had lost 13 Soldiers to IED's and direct fire engagements.
    I wanted to share with you the Video that the Battalion produced honoring the 13 Hero’s that they lost during their deployment. Please take some time to remember these great American’s that gave their lives defending America’s interest aboard.

Thanks
    Steven Tetreault
    PROV2025

[URL="http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXjsBK8xfgU"]

Touching video.. May god bless these Fallen Hero's and all who sacrifice their own life every day for our freedom. Also bless the families of all who risk their lives so that we may enjoy this beautiful country. Be safe in your journey and THANK YOU for your service.....

i second that. especially in the times we live in today where they dont get the respect and honor they deserve.

Thanks for sharing. God bless.

Amen Brother, their sacrifice in the spirit of this great country, is the reason we still enjoy the freedom this country provides

Default Thank-you

Tonight I am taking my 7 yr old out fishing again. As we sit in the shack I will tell him about what our soldiers are doing for us and why we can spend time enjoying fishing together. There was a day when I stood on the line for someone else and now you stand there for me and my family. Tell everyone Thank-You

Ryan
    USMC Vet.

Default Thanks

I was down in Indy wed. rode in an ambulance with a vet . when he told me he was a vet.I told him Thank You ,and god bless you for doing so ,He told me "Thank You , you don't know how much that means to me", when he said that you could see the goose bumps on my arms . we need to thank these people everyday!

Having been deployed 3 times myself I get a lot of thank you's from people. It is usually kind of hard to respond to it, most of the time I just say your welcome. I feel that my wife and children need the biggest thank you. They had to sit home and worry every day. It was easy for me, I knew when I was safe and knew when to worry. Them not knowing had to be much worse. The best thing any of us can do for the soldiers deployed right now is pray each and every night for their safe return, and for God to be with the families of those that gave their life defending our great country.

Never been in the military, but I fight crime here in our country. Watching the video gave me chills and a heavy dose of reality. I think people tend to forget what's really going on out there. Thank You to all our Veterans-and those currently serving.

Thanks for stopping by with a little dose of reality, Steven, (as well as those of you that have taken a little time to share with us on this thread.) It really does help put things into perspective.
    CHRIS WAHL

Bay View Bait and Tackle Everything you need to fish the Bays de Noc.
    Friendly, knowledgeable staff. Best minnow counts on the bay.
    Voted best bait shop on Little Bay de Noc
    current hours - Every day 7 to 5
    http://baydenoc.com/bayviewsports/

Bay View Motel A great place to stay near the bay. Give them a call for room rates and availability http://www.bayview-motel.com

Thanks for sharing the video! I have a brother in law who is currently in afghanistan... Its not his first deployment there. I know the worry my sister and family go through while he's over there. For every soldier serving there's so many more serving from home on there safe return.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bait Shop Guy View Post
    Thanks for stopping by with a little dose of reality, Steven, (as well as those of you that have taken a little time to share with us on this thread.) It really does help put things into perspective.
    Airborne to all who posted, I appericated your toughts and will pass them to the Battalion Commander and Command Sergeant Major. Thanks again, and I will see you guys on the bay this summer sometime around mid June to mid July.

Steven Tetreault
    ProV2025

Thank-You Sir.....