www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Interesting video for all you perch jerkers

Default Interesting video for all you perch jerkers

Maybe this will help you guy's catch more perch? It looked interesting to me anyways, can't hurt to try it.....Right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnq20mmGUr4

-Cosmo

I do a similar setup...can't say it's caught me fish. I like the concept and I think the theory is sound...but you're either on fish on you're not for the most part.

I run two holes.....one deadstick and one jigging rod. Seems to work well if there's fish around. Attract them jigging and they have there choice on what to eat. My deadstick for perch I usually run a teardrop with a wiggler and a hook with a minnow about 8 inches above it. The minnows action gives the wiggler below it action.

Quote Originally Posted by BiG ARN View Post
    I run two holes.....one deadstick and one jigging rod. Seems to work well if there's fish around. Attract them jigging and they have there choice on what to eat. My deadstick for perch I usually run a teardrop with a wiggler and a hook with a minnow about 8 inches above it. The minnows action gives the wiggler below it action.
    I've thought about doing the two-hook thing for perch. What's been the pattern for you this year--more perch biting the minnow or the wiggler or does it vary by the day?

It varies......i've caught perch on big shiners and suckers on tip ups this year! Id say on average the wiggler will catch more...but the minnow usually catches the bigger fish for me anyways.

Big arn, I like that idea of running two hooks per line. That is how we fish perch from the boat, we fish all panfish with a two hook set up as long as there are not many snags in the area, hooking two Crappies, Bullgills or Perch on one line is fun with capital "F" not to mention fishing two strike zones with each line.
    With this system in the video I think that you'll trigger the competitive nature of the perch, when they see a dust cloud from that center line that is being bounced off the bottom(mimicking another feeding fish). When we are fishing perch from the boat if one guy hooks a perch while in deeper water, he will reel it in slow enough for one of the other guy's in the boat to drop a line right in the general area of the fish that is being reeled in, more times than not you'll have a double header, as it seems that there are always other perch following that one waiting for some left overs to fall out or maybe just to steal a easy meal from the hooked fish. This is why I think this system will work, anyway if any of you try this, let me know how it works for ya?

I've got a double of dinks....still waiting for a double of jumbos! I've allways ran two hooks on my deadstick for perch. Then I got a jigging rod with my flasher throwing everything in the box at them trying to get the perch that are hanging around to bite while im waiting for the new fish to come by.

Default two hooks

I was taught to use to hooks. It is called the Michigan rig. When I was a kid we would have doubles all the time. Walked up hill both ways to get there to. This year I have had best luck for perch on a single plain hook with a nice fat minnow. Slowed a bit recently but seems like they want the meat.