www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Bogs?

Default Bogs?

If floating bogs attract bullhead and crappie, should musky show up there too? I never hear of them as spots for musky. Any thoughts?

We were fishing near one in 2009 and watched a loon diving and catching big shiners and feeding them to the baby loon. Soon after a big fish jumped near the bog...Big!

A few casts later as my friends lure hit the water it blew up on it, but didn't get hooked.

We weren't planning on fishing the bog, we were hitting a spot close by and made a few casts after watching the loons. I'd say they're worth checking out once in a while.

There are a few bogs that we have caught fish by but for the most part you are wasting your time. The muskies on the Chip don't seem to be near bogs in numbers compared to weedbeds. Now does that mean there are no muskies by bogs? Not at all. I just don't see anyone making a pattern out of bog fishing or catching fish in any numbers by bogs.

As a side note, a couple of the largest fish I've seen on the Chip were right next to bogs.
    Ty Sennett Muskie Fishing Guide Service
    & Sennett Musky Tackle Company
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843
    Land Phone: 715-462-9403
    Cell Phone: 612-839-1227
    Web Site: http://www.tysennett.com

The first muskie I saw in the wild was by a bog on the Chip. We were crappie fishing and my wife kept getting bitten off. Figured it was a pesky little northern. I threw a Johnson Silver Minnow back towards where she was fishing. As I was making my retrieve I noticed a wake behind lure, and then saw the fish. I have never seen a fish that large before, I'd say probably 48 inches. The muskie was damn near on the surface while following the lure down the side of the boat, me being a bass fisherman, I slow down the retrieve, and there she was--gone. With the pulse rate soaring, the virus was planted.